“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Is Mold Removal Possible in Austin?
If you have mold in Austin, whether it be in your home or business, you may find yourself searching for mold removal companies. But did you know it's virtually impossible to get rid of all mold? Mold, you see, is a natural microscopic substance that exists everywhere in nature, indoors and out. Removing mold in its entirety is impossible. But that doesn't mean you can't stop mold growth. Or that you shouldn't do proper cleanup to eradicate your mold problem. What it does mean is you really need an Austin mold remediation company.
Mold remediation seeks to get rid of the moisture source that's causing the mold, and remedies the problem from the source. More often than not this mold source will be due to some form of water damage, and could be deriving from areas not in plain sight. A good Austin mold remediation specialist will locate the source of the issue, as well as perform proper cleanup procedures to ensure your mold problem is remedied.
Despite full mold removal being impossible, many companies still guarantee that they can remove all your mold. These companies are either not being honest or they don't understand mold. Our SERVPRO company understands mold and mold growth. We have the training and expertise to properly perform mold remediation. And we won't mislead you with advertising ploys; rather we'll make sure you & your home or business are properly cared for.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (512) 420-9886
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (512) 420-9886
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Central Austin is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: