How to Know When You Need a Mold Inspection
Discover What to Look Out for with Possible Mold in Your Austin Home
Right now, as you’re reading this article, there are mold spores swirling around you. Since mold is a natural substance, and it’s normal for mold spores to circulate, some of this mold isn’t going to cause a problem for you.
But there are certain circumstances can cause mold to grow, spread and cause major problems, including problems to the construction of your home and health issues. So, how do you know when you need a mold inspection?
Mold can often be easily seen in places such as your bathroom and sink, usually any place where there’s excessive moisture. The type of mold that grows in your bathroom can easily be removed by using a household cleaner. The biggest culprits of this type of mold or mildew in Austin are humidity and temperature. In many cases, bathroom mold isn’t harmful; cleaning the mold up right away also helps alleviate the problem. Another way to reduce the amount of mold in your bathroom is by using ventilation fans.
Mold can take on a different impression if you have a leak in your Austin home, or if you’ve experienced flooding or water damage in Austin. It’s the unseen areas where the most toxic types of mold can start to spread, without your awareness. A leaky faucet, for instance, can cause water to drip into your floors, behind your walls and other parts of your house. In the hidden areas, you may not be able to see any type of mold forming, but if a leak isn’t fixed, the mold can spread and start to smell.
While there are different types of mold, it’s the toxic types, such as Black Mold, that can cause the most harm. This includes not only damage to your home, but also to your health. When mold starts covering your walls, or you begin smelling mold in your Austin home, then you should consider having a mold inspection done by a reputable Austin mold remediation company.
However, it’s not just the appearance of mold, or the possibility of invisible mold, that would prompt a mold inspection. Other factors come into play, including the following:
- When you can smell mold, but you can’t see it. Having a mold inspection as well as a mold test can help narrow down if you have a mold issue and where to find it in your Austin home or apartment.
- If you’ve had a mold issue and it’s already been remediated, you may want to have a removal clearance test, to ensure that all traces of mold have returned to normal levels or are gone entirely.
- If you have any inexplicable health issues, there’s a chance that mold could be the culprit. A mold inspection can help narrow this down.
- A mold inspection should transpire during any real estate transaction to protect both the seller and the buyer. This should also apply to a landlord/tenant situation should any issues with mold arise.
- If you’re concerned about the indoor air quality of your home, then it might be worth having a mold inspection.
If these are issues that concern you and you’re on a budget, you may consider the less expensive route of a home mold detection kit. But there are significant issues why this is not a good idea, especially when compared to the services of a mold removal service. Here’s why:
- Many of these kits do not include an actual visual inspection; nor are they performed by a mold remediation specialist. Mold remediation specialists are trained to not only acquire samples, but also to provide a thorough visual inspection to detect mold. They also have state of the art equipment to conduct these tests.
- As we’re constantly surrounded by mold spores, a home test will tell you that you have mold in your home (which we all have), but it won’t pinpoint how severe the mold actually is. or where the source of the problem is coming from.
What to Look for in an Austin Mold Remediation Company
Before you move forward with having a mold inspection done, there are a few things to investigate before you hire a mold remediation company in Austin.
- Mold removal is serious business, and there are plenty of unethical companies out there, who will try to take advantage of you, overcharge you and do a subpar job on your home. Only go with a highly regarded and knowledgeable Austin mold removal and remediation specialist.
- Beware of businesses that promise to remove all mold from your Austin, home or business. It’s impossible to remove all mold, since the spores exist both inside and outdoors. But if your walls are covered with mold from a leak or a flood, and you hire a company that’s unable to completely remove and remediate the mold, without stopping the moisture and the mold at its source, then you’ll have more problems down the road.
- You certainly want a mold removal specialist who has a good track record and uses top of the line equipment. In most cases these individuals will be able to trace the source of the mold, test it and help remove and remediate it.
How Our Austin Mold Remediation Company Can Help if you need a Mold Inspection
If you believe you may have a problem with mold in your Austin home, you should contact a mold remediation specialist, like SERVPRO of East Central Austin. In fact, mold inspection and mold remediation are just a few of the top services that we offer.
Our SERVPRO team is centrally located in Austin and we use only top of the line, state of the art equipment to treat your home.
If you have a mold issue in your Austin home or business, our highly trained Austin mold remediation specialists will work with you through the entire mold remediation process from the initial mold inspection to the complete restoration of your Austin property.
Keep in mind that the more that mold spreads, the more difficult it becomes to remove. SERVPRO of East Central Austin will meticulously search for any mold at your home or business. We can provide an immediate mold inspection and if a mold problem exists, we’ll start remediation right away to stop if from spreading.