Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Austin Mold Tips
Mold doesn't take long to become a real issue. Due to the high level of humidity in Austin TX, mold growth can escalate very quickly. When your Austin home or business has had a water damage event, it can take as little as 48 hours before mold begins to grow and spread. And it spreads fast. If you think it's just a small leak, and you have time, know that even a relatively small water intrusion can swiftly lead to mold growth if left unattended. Not to mention the gallons of water that will be lost by a small leak alone.
That's one of the reasons why it's very important to attend to any type of water damage Austin as quickly as possible. Mold can cause serious health effects and also significantly damage your Austin property. If it's allowed to spread and grow, you'll need to have professional mold remediation done. If you have a water damage issue, or you notice mold, you'll want to act fast, and have an immediate mold inspection done. This article will also help you identify the different types of mold you may see in your home, and how to treat mold.
Our Austin SERVPRO mold remediation professionals are highly trained and certified to help you with all mold remediation needs. We're available 24/7 for emergencies. Here are a few tips for what to do when you have mold growth in Austin TX.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (512) 420-9886
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of East Central Austin for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of East Central Austin has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- University of Texas
- West Campus
- North Campus
- St. Edwards University
- East Austin
- Travis Heights
- South Congress